Today, we welcomed Neodemographics’ industrial partners for a one day Data Science workshop. The day brought together researchers from diverse academic domains, such as statistics, psychology and computer science with business analysts for a range of talks and exploration of how novel Big Data academic research can impact on the UK digital economy.
Thanks to all for a highly successful and enjoyable day, especially Sarah Taylor of Walgreens Boots Alliance for helping to organize the event. Images and agenda after the link…
11.00 Introduction – Dr James Goulding / Prof. Andrew Smith
11.20 Data Science in Consumer Loyalty –Natasha Sivewright
11.40 Novel forms of Segmentation via Dynamic Topic Modelling – Dr Gavin Smith
12.00 New Product Introduction using Support Vector Machines – Dr Duncan Barrack
12.20 Life Course Analysis: Data mining for Events – Will Darler
12.40 Modelling Human Event Series via Non-Homogeneous Poisson Processes – Dr James Goulding
14.00 Customer Psychology & Marketing – Dr Anya Skatova
14.30 Brainstorming session
15.15 Breakout groups
16.30 Summaries & Close
Some photos from the day:
▪ Dr Duncan Barrack presenting on the use of machine learning techniques to assist with New Product Introduction in predicting consumer uptake.
▪ Dr Gavin Smith presenting on Dynamic Topic Modelling for classifying human behaviour,
▪ Dr Anya Skatova from the University of Warwick presenting on the potential of integrating Psychological Theories with Machine Learning
▪ Will Darler presenting on new forms of Life Course Event Analysis.
▪ Not forgetting the obligatory post-it note brainstorming session…
▪ Many thanks to all that attended.
▪ The all important post-workshop discussion!